Become part of something bigger at Sport Chek. Share your passion and experience and help inspire others to be their best. Explore and learn, become your personal best and feel the satisfaction of making a difference. Become connected, to a community of people all working towards the same goal.
Bring us your enthusiasm, your energy, and your commitment. Become an ambassador of your sport, and work side by side with like-minded people dedicated to inspiring and helping your community lead more active, healthy lives.
SERVICE SHOP TECHNICIAN (SKI) – Basic
As a Service Shop Technician, you’re as good with people are you are with your hands. After all, it’s your job to interact and connect with customers, assess their needs, and then setup, repair, and maintain their sporting equipment.
What you’ll do:
- Ski and snowboard repair including applying P-Tex on gouges and scratches, base patches, beveling, edge replacements and de-laminations
- Daily use and maintenance of ski tuning machinery including Wintersteiger
- Mount a variety of ski and snowboard bindings without instruction or supervision
- Maintain clean and organized area
- Fill out proper documentation for receiving, servicing and returning customer products
What you will get:
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on all the latest gear
- A fun, fast paced environment
- Comprehensive training in a variety of formats
What you will bring:
- Currently active in sports and activity
- Passionate about living a healthy, active lifestyle
- Previous experience waxing or tuning your own ski or snowboard
- Passionate about skiing/snowboarding and are mechanically inclined
- Ability to lift at least 25lbs and stand for long periods of time
- Good team player and communicate clearly with customers
- High School education
At Sport Chek, we pride ourselves on having our jobs be an extension of our lifestyle, with a flexible schedule of work and play. Sport Chek is Canada’s only national big box sporting goods retailer, with over 400 stores from coast to coast.
Ready to join our team and inspire others to live healthy and active lives?
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sport Chek is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. We recognize that our future success depends on the perspectives and contributions of all our employees – their diverse backgrounds, abilities and experiences make our business stronger. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Click here for more information!